The Australasian Pozzolan Association (APozA) was formed by a group of leading Pozzolan companies, with the common interest of increasing community, business and government awareness of the superior construction properties, environmental and value added benefits derived from the various pozzolan varieties.
Intially registered as an Association in NSW and regulated by Associations Incorporation Act, Association Members unamiously resolved to convert to a Company Limited by Guarantee on 5th August 2022.
On the 24 February 2022, Australasian Pozzolan Association Ltd [ACN 656 219 831] became a registered company under the Corporations Act 2001 and is taken to be registered in New South Wales. The company is limited by guarantee. All members are bound by the association constitution.
Being a not-for-profit organisation it carries out research and technology transfer on behalf of members. As such, it is exempt from paying income tax in Australia. The association has adopted a modified constitution setting out its governance, membership structures and rights. The Association has three grades of membership.
- Sustaining Member
- Can be either; a Producer; Processor; Researcher; or User of natural and manufactured pozzolans. The fee is set annually by the Board. Sustaining Members are automatically appointed to the Management Committee, have voting rights at all Association meetings and are eligible to stand for election as Office Bearers.
- - Minimum fee of $75,000 + GST
- Full Members
- Can be either; a Producer; Processor; Researcher; or User of natural and manufactured pozzolans. The annual fee is set annually by the Board. Full members have voting rights at all Association meetings.
- - Minimum fee of $5,000 + GST
- Associate Members
- Can be either; a company; a government authority; a research institute; a trade Association engaged in the provision of services impacting on the natural and manufactured pozzolans. The annual fee is set annually by the Board. Associate Members do not have voting rights.
- - Minimum fee of $500 + GST
The Association operates on a consensus basis. Accordingly, all matters related to changes to our objects and constitution must be put before the Association members and require a majority vote. The ideals of consultation and cooperation are encouraged for the development of all positions to be taken by the Association.