Boral And The CCAA 2021 Innovation Awards!
Boral has been recognised by Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia (CCAA) for its commitment to innovation at the CCAA 2021 Innovation Awards.
CCAA is a national body for the heavy construction materials industry in Australia. As part of its mission, the CCAA aims to maintain industry standards whilst supporting innovation amongst its members and the wider industry.
The CCAA Innovation Awards are a two-year program involving state awards held annually, the winners of which compete for the national awards that are held biennially. CCAA's CEO, Ken Slattery said, “These awards underline the industry’s genuine commitment to continuously raising the bar for the betterment of its workforce and the community at large... Despite the additional responsibilities that businesses are facing in managing COVID health and safety, it’s great to see the entries showcasing a continuing focus on the day-to-day challenges around workplace health and safety and environmental management," he said.
Boral has been fortunate enough to be recognised in not only one award, but 8, in 4 states in Australia this year. On Boral's LinkedIn page they expressed their joy saying, "We are extremely proud to have won multiple Innovation Awards from Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia (CCAA) this year! Well done to the Boral team and thank you to CCAA for recognising Boral's commitment to innovation," they said.
- Winner: Environmental Innovation Award- Stockton Quarry- Quarry Foredune Rehabilitation
- Highly Commended: Health and safety award- tippers North Air Operated Tailgate Prop
- Winner: Environmental Innovation Award - Electronic Soil Over-pressure detection and prevention
- Highly Commended: Health & Safety award- National Heavy Vehicle Accident Investigation & Standardisation
- Winner: Diversity & inclusion innovation award- diversity and inclusion at Boral
- Highly Commended: Health and safety award- Linwood Quarry- Edge Protection Height Indicator stickers
- Winner: Environmental Innovation award- Canning Vale- Reuse of returned concrete
- Highly Commended: Health and Safety Innovation Award- Auditing and Inspection Process During COVID-19.
Congratulations to Boral on these fantastic achievements!