CIA Abstract Submissions are now OPEN!
The 30th Biennial National Conference of the Concrete Institute of Australia (Concrete 2021) is dedicated to bringing together global leaders in the concrete industry. Under the theme, “Smart and Innovative Concrete from Disruption” the Conference will appeal to those interested in all aspects of concrete design, research, construction, maintenance and repair, to discuss and share information on how innovation and smarter thinking will allow us to deal with disruption. The Conference will offer participants from all around the world the opportunity to connect face-to-face, sharing research information, innovative and interesting ideas, and practical know-how, with a wide variety of industry experts in the world-class facilities of the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and the beautiful state of Western Australia from 5 – 8 September 2021.
The Technical Committee for Concrete 2021 is now welcoming abstract submissions.
If you are involved in concrete research, technology, innovation, design, construction and materials, we urge you to submit an abstract for presentation consideration.
View the abstract submission instructions here.
The theme for Concrete 2021 is "Smart & Innovative Concrete from Disruption" and topics to consider for abstracts are:
· Alkali-activated and Geopolymer Concretes
· Asset Management – inspection, monitoring, remaining and extending life
· Bridges and Underpasses – design, inspections, maintenance, failure
· Buildings – design, inspections, maintenance, defects, compliance, certification
· Case Studies and Major Projects
· Concrete Materials – cement, SCM’s, admixtures, aggregates
· Concrete Design – shear and torsion, axial, bending, models, non-linear analysis
· Concrete Properties – shrinkage, creep, strength, heat of hydration
· Design for Extreme Events – seismic, fire, blast, cyclone, climate change
· Digital Innovations in Concrete – AI, 3D printing, BIM, design process, site investigations, monitoring, equipment, data management, automation, optimisation
· Durability – modelling, cracking, design, monitoring in construction and operation, extended life
· High Performance Concrete – UHPC, cementitious composites, SCC and viscosity modified
· Inspection and Testing – visual scanning, thermography, drones, temperature and maturity monitoring
· Precast, Prefabricated and Modular Concrete
· Reinforcement, Stressing Tendons, Fibres, Other Reinforcing
· Repair and Retrofit – materials, methods, historic structures, strengthening
· Standards, Specifications, Recommended Practices, Model Codes
· Sustainability – repurpose, reuse and recycle
· Tunnels, Underground and Foundation Structures – design, construction, site investigations, monitoring
· Water and Marine Infrastructure – design, construction, maintenance
Key Dates - Abstracts and Papers
Abstracts opening: Now Open
Abstracts close: 1 December 2020
Full papers close: 15 April 2021
Author Notification: 30 May 2021
Conference dates: 5 – 8 September 2021